Planning your trip to Austin for our epic Consuela Sample Sale? Here’s the second post of our “Weekend in Austin” series. Today’s post is centered around our Laugh Easy pillar and this itinerary is an ideal weekend stay for the hip, funky and down-to-earth chica that loves a little local color. So what are you waiting for? Let’s hit the road!
1. Shop Unique | 11 a.m.
We’ve got so much from the Consuela archives you could call some of the pieces vintage! Make sure you get to the sale early to snag one-of-a-kind bags with intricate embroidery. Then head next door to the flagship boutique and check out the latest collections.
2. Pints & Pretzels | 1 p.m.
Easy Tiger is where you’ll want to go for a killer sandwich made with fresh baked bread and meats smoked in-house. Don’t forget to order a cold one from their never-ending beer list. Afterwards you can work off lunch with a rousing game of ping pong.
3. Hey! Here’s your Hotel | 2:30 p.m.
Check in at the Heywood Hotel on Austin’s East Side and admire the mid-century modern glory of your bespoke room. Refuel with a cup of Heywood Blend coffee and, if you’re up for it, borrow a bike to head to your next destination.
4. Dive Right In | 3:30 p.m.
Take a dip at Barton Springs with your new Consuela beach bag in tow. The water may be cold but we’ll be darned if it doesn’t feel like heaven. Laying out on the grassy lawns will warm you up again soon enough!
5. Wet Your Whisle | 5:30 p.m.
Back to the East Side you go for cocktails at Whisler’s. Happy hour is from 4 to 7pm so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy chilled drinks on the patio.
6. Dibs on the Ribs | 8 p.m.
As soon as you walk in the smell of Lambert’s BBQ will have your mouth watering. You may be there for the meat but don’t kid yourself, the Mac and 3 Cheeses is just as good of a reason for a visit to Lambert’s. (P.S. they also have plenty of good vegetarian-friendly options)
7. Party Hardy | 10 p.m.
The Continental Club is quintessential Austin. The renowned club has been around since 1957 and has seen every rebirth of the Austin music scene. You’re just as likely to catch some great two stepping music as you are to hear a rock band.
8. Brunch | 11:30 a.m.
Hillside Farmacy‘s got you covered for all your brunch dreams. May we suggest the wasabi bloody mary, a killer croissant and some farm fresh eggs?
9. Feather Your Nest | 2 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Consuela, 910 and 912 Congress Avenue; consuelastyle.com
- Easy Tiger, 709 East Sixth Street; easytigeraustin.com
- Heywood Hotel, 1609 East Cesar Chavez Street; heywoodhotel.com
- Barton Springs Pool, 2201 Barton Springs Road; austintexas.gov/department/barton-springs-pool
- Whisler’s, 1815 East Sixth Street; whislersatx.com
- Lambert’s Downtown Barbecue, 401 West Second Street; lambertsaustin.com
- The Continental Club, 1315 South Congress Avenue; continentalclub.com/Austin.html
- Hillside Farmacy, 1209 East Eleventh Street; hillsidefarmacy.com
- Feathers Boutique, 1700 B South Congress Avenue; feathersboutiquevintage.com
Uncommon Objects, 1512 South Congress Avenue; uncommonobjects.com
Don’t forget to RSVP to the Sample Sale on Facebook for up-to-date details!