Part 3 of our “Weekend in Austin” series is for those ladies that Lift the World and are respectful of the world around them while celebrating its natural beauty. If that description resonates then this well be an excellent guide to Austin when you come to town for our Sample Sale!
1. Handmade for the Home | 11 a.m.
If you’re looking for handcrafted pillows, home goods, and bags, then our Sample Sale should definitely be your first stop! Afterwards head next door to the flagship boutique and check out the latest collections.
2. ¡Delicioso! | 1 p.m.
For lunch hit up an Austin institution – the original Torchy’s Tacos trailer on South First Street. Two tacos, a Topo Chico and queso, por favor!
3. Relaxing Retreat | 2:30 p.m.
Make your way to South Congress (SoCo) to check into the hip Hotel San José and breath a sigh of relief in its calming, minimalist interiors. Afterwards pop next door to Jo’s Coffee for a refreshing Iced Turbo.
4. Meeting at the Museum | 3:30 p.m.
Take in one of Austin’s best art museums, the Blanton, on UT campus. The permanent collections are always impressive but if you’re missing your furry friend then you have to see the “In the Company of Cats and Dogs” exhibit.
5. Happy Hour at House | 5:30 p.m.
There’s nothing chiller than House Wine except for a glass of their finest Chardonnay. Make yourself right at home on the comfy couches and enjoy.
6. Supper in Season | 8 p.m.
Savor every bite of your dinner at Lenoir. Husband and wife Todd Duplechan and Jessica Maher are all about eating right for the season and the Texas climate.
7. Underground Sound | 10 p.m.
Elephant Room has been an live Jazz establishment since 1991. Descend the stairs into this hip, underground club and soak in the sound.
8. Look Like a Local | 11:30 a.m.
Bouldin Creek Café is a brunch hot spot for Austin locals. Be ready to wait in line but it’s all worth it. Oh, and the iced chai lattes. Just trust us.
9. A Little Piece of Oaxaca | 2 p.m.
JM Drygoods is a highly curated shop with hidden gems. There’s no guilt trip about doing more shopping because all of the jewelry and clothing directly supports the artisans who make them.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Consuela, 910 and 912 Congress Avenue; consuelastyle.com
- Torchy’s Tacos, 1311 South First Street; torchystacos.com
- Hotel San José, 1316 South Congress Avenue; sanjosehotel.com
- Blanton Museum of Art, 200 East Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard; blantonmuseum.org
- House Wine, 408 Josephine Street; housewineaustin.com
- Lenoir, 1807 South First Street; lenoirrestaurant.com
- Elephant Room, 315 Congress Avenue; elephantroom.com
- Bouldin Creek Café, 1900 South First Street; bouldincreek.com
- JM Drygoods, 215 South Lamar Boulevard Suite C; jmdrygoods.com
Don’t forget to RSVP to the Sample Sale on Facebook for up-to-date details!