You may have heard the exciting news — we’re having a huge sale on July 12 – 14 to help clear out space for the expansion of our Austin flagship store. The deals will be SO amazing (70 – 90% off) that it’s worth taking a girls’ trip up to Austin just for the occasion! And guess what? We’re helping you plan your trip with a series of 4 blog posts on great ways to spend a weekend in Austin.
Each blog post will be centered around one of our Four Pillars: Look Good, Laugh Easy, Lift the World and Live in Color. The Four Pillars influence everything we do — from products we design, to the way we conduct ourselves, to the things we want to see, be part of and inspire in the world. The first post is LOOK GOOD. It’s the perfect trip for the glam fashionista.
1. Shop Till You Drop | 11 a.m.
You’re the trendsetter in your group so get to the Consuela sale as soon as the doors open! Sip on sangria and stock up on all the Consuela you can handle. Then head next door to the flagship boutique and check out the latest collections.
2. Munchin’ on Your Luncheon | 1 p.m.
Swift’s Attic is the perfect spot for a chic lunch. Sink into a green leather banquette, admire the gorgeous custom chandeliers and quirky artwork, and don’t forget to treat yourself to Popcorn and Movie for dessert.
3. Make Yourself at Home | 2:30 p.m.
Walk into the W Hotel in Austin’s hip 2nd Street District and you’re immediately transported to a lavish and relaxing world. Freshen up with the complimentary Bliss beauty products in the bathroom before you head out to face the rest of the day.
4. Art and the Great Outdoors | 3:30 p.m.
Drive over to Laguna Gloria, part of Austin’s Contemporary art museum, to take in their latest exhibit on gorgeous lakeside grounds and the historic house. Then head a little further up the road to take in the breathtaking view of Austin and the lake at Mount Bonnell.
5. Ring for Harry Craddock | 5:30 p.m.
Make reservations at Midnight Cowboy, a tiny speakeasy on Sixth Street that serves handcrafted cocktails only to those who know at which unmarked door to ring the bell. Welcome to Austin. You are now in the know.
6. Dinner fit for a Countess | 8 p.m.
Head back to the Second Street District to enjoy dinner at Mexican haute cuisine restaurant La Condesa. The Watermelon Elderflower Martini and Roasted Street Corn are definitely a must!
7. Listening Room | 10 p.m.
You can’t come to the Live Music Capital of the World without catching a show so walk across the street and upstairs to Lambert’s cocktail lounge. The intimate setting is the perfect way to end a wonderful Saturday.
8. Brioche for Brunch | 11:30 a.m.
Sunday brunch at Perla’s is a must. The Brioche French Toast is calling your name. You better answer. If the weather is nice then enjoy your mimosa on one of Austin’s best people watching patios.
9. Shop Till You Drop. Again. | 2 p.m.
After brunch visit Co-Star to finish up your weekend with a little more shopping. Don’t feel guilty. That’s what you’re here for, right?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Consuela, 910 and 912 Congress Avenue; consuelastyle.com
- Swift’s Attic, 315 Congress Avenue Suite 200; swiftsattic.com
- W Hotel, 200 Lavaca Street; whotelaustin.com
- Laguna Gloria, 3809 West 35th Street; thecontemporaryaustin.org
Mount Bonnell, 3800 Mount Bonnell Road; austinparks.org/our-parks.html?parkid=287
- Midnight Cowboy, 313 East Sixth Street; midnightcowboymodeling.com
- La Condesa, 400 A West Second Street; lacondesa.com
- Lambert’s, 401 West Second Street; lambertsaustin.com
- Perla’s Seafood & Oyster Bar, 1400 South Congress Avenue; perlasaustin.com
- Co-Star, 1708 South Congress Avenue; costarstyle.com
Don’t forget to RSVP to the Sample Sale on Facebook for up-to-date details!